"Next thread" button

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Soundchasm

Minister of Fire
Sep 27, 2011
Dayton, OH
www.soundchasm.com
The forum is fine as-is, but a nice feature I see in a few other forums is the "next thread" button. In addition to be able to navigate to a forum's top level (the usual button choice), once I start reading in a forum with this feature, I can read all the threads simply by clicking "next thread".

We actually have that in the QA section because people tend to read through a bunch.

But I never figured that regular folks would plow through all regular threads one by one (instead, searching or seeing what catches their eye).

I will check into it.

Reactions: Soundchasm
We had that on the old forum. Drove me nuts where it took me most of the time.

Reactions: Soundchasm
We actually have that in the QA section because people tend to read through a bunch.

But I never figured that regular folks would plow through all regular threads one by one (instead, searching or seeing what catches their eye).

I will check into it.

This forum is mechanically sound and robust, and needs no help from me, so if I'm the only guy who wondered about it, better take my suggestions with a grain of salt. I generally read the wood shed posts for entertainment, and after I pick a few specific ones, I go back and read the ones I skipped over! So at least in my case I ought to have the smarts to just start at the top and work my way down.

I can see that it wouldn't have much bearing when you're looking for an extremely specific topic. Makes perfect sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.