NJ takes big time action on carbon emmissions...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

webbie

Seasoned Moderator
Nov 17, 2005
Western Mass.
Kudos to NJ and Corzine - NJ on Friday became the first U.S. state to mandate sharp greenhouse gas reductions by 2050 to help fight climate change.

Enforceable reductions of 16% by 2020 and 80 percent by 2050. This is a state with industry, refineries and dense population, as well as being heavily traveled. California is the only other state that has taken some action, although their numbers are targets, not enforceable reductions.

According to the story "President George W. Bush opposes mandatory cuts of the gases, favoring voluntary goals."

Luckily, our citizens are way ahead of our President once again, and mandates such as these will cause entire industries to flourish thereby creating a new economy based on conservation and efficiency.

My daughter is pleased with me because I finally invested in some funds that are made of alternative energy companies. I think the time is right....and if I can do good ($$) by doing good (supporting companies that do the right thing), it's a win-win situation.

For those who have interest in investing in the next revolution, check out some of the ETF's (they are like mutual funds, but you buy them like stocks from any broker)....from:

Powershares----
http://www.powershares.com/products.aspx?ticker=PBW

I think we have reached the tipping point in the new Gren Revolution, and although aspects of Global Warming may be debated, very few people are not convinced of our need to stop pollutions of all types and excess use of fossil fuels (for national security as well as conservation and other reasons).

Status
Not open for further replies.