NJ Wood Pellets at $162.00 per tone!?!?!?!?!?!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

richg

Minister of Fire
Nov 20, 2005
Holy moses! We have to be getting a royal screwing paying $250-$290 a ton in Pittsfield Ma.
That`s quite a price spread. We need competition badly.
John

It's only good if you buy 12 or 23 tons of pellets. I don't know about you, but they'd probably absorb too much moisture over the course of two years.

Plus, if the pellets are crap, you're out 162x23 dollars + shipping + you have to dispose of 23 tons of crap.

Not a bad deal on the 12 ton load, but you'd have to find a few people to go in on it with you - not to mention the logistics of splitting and storing 12 tons of pellets!

PelletOwner said:
It's only good if you buy 12 or 23 tons of pellets. I don't know about you, but they'd probably absorb too much moisture over the course of two years.

Plus, if the pellets are crap, you're out 162x23 dollars + shipping + you have to dispose of 23 tons of crap.

Not a bad deal on the 12 ton load, but you'd have to find a few people to go in on it with you - not to mention the logistics of splitting and storing 12 tons of pellets!

Good points made but finding 2-3 others to split cost and pick up their share of 12 tons at that low price wouldn`t be hard to manage.
John

Wow! Does anyone have more details? Has anyone burned them? It's only about 20 miles from my house. I'll give them a call and find out what I can. Thanks for the heads up!

pellet4ever said:
I talked to them already. One catch to this. They don't provide a forklift to remove the pallets from the truck.

Doesn`t make a lot of sense to offer a product for sale with delivery and no way of off loading them.
1 or 2 or even 3 tons wouldn`t be awfully troublesome by hand but 12-23 tons?
John

At those prices the dealers and resellers will
be the ones ordering by the trailer.

You could always play reseller, buy 23 tons, sell to the neighbors at $200/ton :D If you only keep 3 tons for yourself, thats $436 in your pocket (after paying for your own pellets :D)

Been quoting a few prices to you MA and VT area burners. Right now shipping is $3.00 to $3.25 a mile out east. No one for the Ohio, Michigan, and Indiana area wants to go out east with their trucks because there is no freight coming back. The BIG companies will do it because they are only paying their drivers around $125 a day. Good luck on getting pellets close to last years prices. I am still at $190 a ton in N/E Ohio.

Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.