No luck with 3" Duravent pellet appliance adapter. How does it fit? - Answer found! Unbelieveble!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don2222 said:
The diameter of the inside pipe of the adapter was exactly a full 3 inches not a 1/16" less like the other adapter. So it did go over the stove flange just fine!!

Is it amazing what sloppy workmanship can do! They all should be the same!! I was thinking that the stove manufacturers may not be consistant which is understandable but for Duravent to be inconsistant is inexcusable!!

Of course I had to pay Mass Sales tax and the price was $14.99 not $12.00 at Lowes.
Lowes can sell them for 2 cents if they do not work they are worthless!!!
I wonder if this difference is not so much simple plain sloppy workmanship but more related to the planned quality differences mandated by the big box stores (and Walmart) buyers mandating lower prices from suppliers, even if it means lower quality goods in the same packaging! Snapper (lawnmowers) for one, wouldn't take the bait.

IOW, the big stores specify lower quality products that look like the better ones, to sell at lower prices.

http://www.fastcompany.com/magazine/102/open_snapper.html

76brian said:
yooper81 said:
The stove's flue collar goes between the inner and outer lining of the doubled walled adapter.

I don't know why nobody has pointed out how wrong that is... but I hope nobody finds this thread and follows that advice.

Because they all read posts #6 & #7 and didn't need to go any further. :cheese:

76brian said:
yooper81 said:
The stove's flue collar goes between the inner and outer lining of the doubled walled adapter.

I don't know why nobody has pointed out how wrong that is... but I hope nobody finds this thread and follows that advice.
You are absolutely correct! My bad. Realized that today while cleaning. Sorry for the mis-info....

chamas said:
Don2222 said:
The diameter of the inside pipe of the adapter was exactly a full 3 inches not a 1/16" less like the other adapter. So it did go over the stove flange just fine!!

Is it amazing what sloppy workmanship can do! They all should be the same!! I was thinking that the stove manufacturers may not be consistant which is understandable but for Duravent to be inconsistant is inexcusable!!

Of course I had to pay Mass Sales tax and the price was $14.99 not $12.00 at Lowes.
Lowes can sell them for 2 cents if they do not work they are worthless!!!
I wonder if this difference is not so much simple plain sloppy workmanship but more related to the planned quality differences mandated by the big box stores (and Walmart) buyers mandating lower prices from suppliers, even if it means lower quality goods in the same packaging! Snapper (lawnmowers) for one, wouldn't take the bait.

IOW, the big stores specify lower quality products that look like the better ones, to sell at lower prices.

http://www.fastcompany.com/magazine/102/open_snapper.html

I agree, maybe we are victims of the Walmart effect.
If Lowes pays less for each batch, then they have to put less material in each order to break even!!

I got to ask, you returned the fitting that you crimped? If you did you don't have brass you got titanium.

TLHinCanada said:
I got to ask, you returned the fitting that you crimped? If you did you don't have brass you got titanium.

Worst scenario is that they say no. Obviously, this is a legitimate issue, so no guilt what's so ever. They're not going to risk losiing a customer for $12. Now, that you found the issue, Don, I hope you bring this to the attention of the store manager. This might help save the next for slob the headache.

Funny story. I worked at Sears for many years during my high school and college years(early 90's). One time, an older gentleman brought in a box fan because he said it doesn't work any more. The fan was worn, had plenty of rust.............and was factory painted avocado green (for anyone that doesn't know, avocado green was the rage color in the 70's). My manager gave him a store credit. Now, those are balls of titanium.

Status
Not open for further replies.