No way to adjust door on Harman 52i?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

MapleHill

Jan 22, 2021
Vermont
After replacing the door gasket on my 52i, I've noticed that there is still a slight leak (using an incense stick while burning, I can see smoke pulled towards the door seal). It's slight, but I can't believe that Harman wouldn't incorporate a mechanism to account for wear over time (the latch, for instance) so I'm hoping that someone can tell me that I'm just missing the obvious.

Not familiar with their latch but the one on my getting old 6039 was getting a tad loose so I removed it, took it in the shop, laid it on the anvil part of my bench vise and gave it a smack with a ball peen hammer to flatten it out a bit. Took a couple times back and forth so I didn't go too much but the door latches tight now. I did replace the door gasket too.

Best to use the 'dollar bill trick rather than incense. put a dollar bill between the door and the stove (in a few places) and close the door. If the bill comes out with no resistance, you have a leak.