non-pressurized storage.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dune

Minister of Fire
Hello all, I am ready for stage two. I installed a small wood boiler paralel to my oil fired boiler, and now I want to add storage, and install radiant floor heat. I have three 250 gal, plastic tanks. I am thinking, bury them in the yard, well insulated with expanding foam. Idividual heat exchangers in each tank, made from soft copper. I should be able to run the floor heat at about 100 degrees F. I can't seem to locate a tank suitable for pressure. Any input, thoughts or instruction welcomed. Also, I may be able to get more of the plastic 250 gal tanks. Would that be helpful?

Most plastics won't hold up at 180+ degrees for very long - before investing time and money you should make sure the ones you have will.

Thanks for the info. Back to the drawing board.

Status
Not open for further replies.