North american vs italian pellet stoves

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

andy58

May 25, 2019
Canada
Which is better north American or italian pellet stoves,
I was looking at harman p43 vs vicenza 5.2
Any help would be appreciated
Thanks

A lot of Harman owners on here but there's also a lot of Harmon issues. I think the reason is why the harman questions and issues is because there's a lot of Harman Stoves out here. I have an Italian Ravalli RV 100c that I love but you'll find that there are many Harman ownerd that love their stove.

Got Harmon XXV for last Winter. Minor problem with distro fan and screws impacting the housing. Easy fix. It burns everything thrown at it. Even pellets that were coming apart. Easy to clean. Have to learn how to better control ash when cleaning it (my fault). Aside from $$$ great stove.

After owning both an Italian stove ( Ravelli ) and now a Harman do yourself a favor and go with the Harman. Had the Ravelli 3 yrs. and never had any problems with it but it's little things why I suggest the Harman such as easier to clean and longer between cleanings, parts are more readily available, does a better job of keeping consistent temp on thermostat mode, Ravelli controller was in half broken English and hard to understand. Some of these things may not be an issue on a Vinceza but I wouldn't take the chance.

Reactions: Ssyko
Depends if you get parts here for it...amazon might help if you ned to bring them in from Europe, but...
And do they sell it with 115 volt hook up?
And some prefer "Made in US"...not sure if it is always a good choice (GMC for example...smile) but some things are real good...so...