Northeastern PA Choices

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RKBAGUY

Feeling the Heat
Sep 29, 2013
Milford, PA
Up in my neck of the woods, I have these choices:
Home Depot - Stove Chow
Lowes - Nothing in that I can see yet...
Tractor Supply - North American Pellets hardwood/softwood blend
ACE Hardware - Lignetics

What would you guys recommend? So far the NA Pellets seem to be pretty decent, but I figured I'd ask for a second opinion...

Home Depot - Stove Chow
ACE Hardware - Lignetics

What would you guys recommend? So far the NA Pellets seem to be pretty decent, but I figured I'd ask for a second opinion...
Lowes sells the nations choice premium wood pellets@ $239 a ton,alot of fly ash IMO.. Also have to clean the glass after every bag, I don't know if this is normal? kind of new to this .

Get the Stove Chow (Premier / Energex USA).....they are very good this year, maybe even better than last years Chows.

I wasn't impressed by last year's Chow. Do you know anything about the NA pellets?

Home Depot - Stove Chow
ACE Hardware - Lignetics

I didn't know of another Ace Hardware in Milford...Tractor Supply took over Luhrs Ace Hardware about a yr. ago...I live 1/2 hr. away from you over the river in Vernon N.J.

You don't say what prices are quoted for the pellets above... I've never burned Chow's or NAP however, I have burned Ligs (green bag) very good (blue bag) lousy...

Luhrs Ace Hardware installed our Quad Castile in 2004, only Quad dealer in the area RT 6&209...They sold out the hardware business to TSC but kept the Quad franchise and moved closer to Matamoras but still on RT6&209...If you run a Quadrafire they supply the part's and do repairs...

By the way while your out shopping in the area for pellets, tell me you also hit Fretta's across from the Milford Diner for additional supplies...

I didn't know of another Ace Hardware in Milford...Tractor Supply took over Luhrs Ace Hardware about a yr. ago...I live 1/2 hr. away from you over the river in Vernon N.J.

You don't say what prices are quoted for the pellets above... I've never burned Chow's or NAP however, I have burned Ligs (green bag) very good (blue bag) lousy...

Luhrs Ace Hardware installed our Quad Castile in 2004, only Quad dealer in the area RT 6&209...They sold out the hardware business to TSC but kept the Quad franchise and moved closer to Matamoras but still on RT6&209...If you run a Quadrafire they supply the part's and do repairs...

By the way while your out shopping in the area for pellets, tell me you also hit Fretta's across from the Milford Diner for additional supplies...

You're right around the corner from me. I'm in Milford, but closer to 739, been living here for almost 5 years after escaping NJ. After selling the location to TSC, they moved the hardware store to where the RiteAid used to be right in town opposite the Turkey Hill gas station, and the Fireside dealership moved East on 6 a bit down the road.

The lignetics were $260 ton, but I didn't confirm if that was green or blue. The NA pellets came from TSC, they only opened their doors a couple months ago this past summer.

Next time you're at Frretta's, be sure to get some of their store made sausage. I can recommend the arugula / garlic. [emoji106]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.