Not sure what wood stove to get.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

WesternColorado

Jan 25, 2024
Glade Park, CO
I have to replace my trailblaze - very old. It's a mobile home about a thousand square feet. One dealer recommended Quadra-fire. Another recommended Green mountain 60. I like the Drolet stoves, the Nano or the Austral. Trying to do an online search I find that some of these stoves have issues. Any comments would be appreciated. I live at 7,000 ft in Western colorado. Although we haven't been down below 10° all winter this year. Thank you!

Thanks for replying. Well I guess heat. It will heat my whole house. So something efficient. Something I can load up and leave alone for a while. I'd rather not pay over 3K if I don't have to. And something that will last a long time.

The Drolet stoves have a great reputation for performance at a low/reasonable price. I’m not sure the smaller ones will give you a long burn though. You may want to look at their medium sized units. Make sure it’s mobile home approved.