Nother Road Trip

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DAKSY

Full Time RVer
Staff member
Dec 2, 2008
Wherever we're parked
Left Troy, NY at about 0800 with 10 other bikes on Sunday & rode 333 miles to Augusta, Me. for the nite. Hit the trail again at 0800 on Monday & got 343 miles to Sussex, New Brunswick, Ca. 320 miles today & we're in Baddeck, Nova Scotia, Ca. for tonite & tomorrow nite. We'll hit the Cabot Trail tomorrow & the head up to Swedishchef's territory on the Gaspe Peninsula on Thursday...Gonna bomb around this area for a couple more days & head back to NY on Monday...
Later...

Sounds like a great trip. My neighbor has camped up in the Gaspe area with his VW camper and told us of great scenery. It is someplace I would like to visit.

Cabot Trail is stunning . . . would definitely like to get up to the Gaspe Peninsula some day.

If you meander through Bangor on your way back (Augusta is about 30-40 minutes from me) let me know . . . if it's during the work day and I'm around I'll give you the nickel tour and even give you a nice souvenir to go home with.

Reactions: ScotO and DAKSY
Sounds like an awesome ride. Enjoy the scenery and ride safely.

Back. 323 miles today, 2929 total miles in 9 days. Very little sunshine. Some rain. Some sleet. Lotta fog. Gotta say, that what views we could see from the Cabot Trail & the Gaspe Coastal Highway were gorgeous. After 3 days in the Province de Quebec, my 9 years of studying the French Language started to come back to me, after a 43-year respite.... I was able to translate the road signs & menus & sorta communicate with store & hotel clerks & waiters & waitresses. Glad to be home tho. Felt like the bike weighed about 1500 lbs with Susan the bags & me aboard...FFJ - we came back thru Vermont instead of Bangor, so I'll hafta take a raincheck on your nickel tour...Right now, I'm beat. Done for the day... Nite...

Reactions: ScotO
Status
Not open for further replies.