noyes and nutter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Rfed32

Feb 2, 2017
Pa
have a quick question my parents recently took there old noyes and nutter parlor stove out of their house and my question is would this work better than an only Franklin on putting out heat for my cabin. I just don't want to make a lateral move if I don't need to.

They made an extensive line of stoves and several sizes of parlor stoves. Which model is this and is it a wood or coal model? The small pearl or cottage parlor stoves might not heat enough, but the larger versions could do better than a Franklin if the stove is in good working condition. Can you post some pictures of it?

Here are some pics

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    48.4 KB · Views: 259
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    112 KB · Views: 260
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    80.3 KB · Views: 218
Very nice. That should heat pretty well and hold a fire longer than the Franklin. It looks like a Kineo Grand. Is the top dome missing?

This is from the 1912 catalog. The 220 appears to be a later variation.

Restored and with the dome this stove could be worth $1500+. Take good care of it.

Screen Shot 2017-02-03 at 2.24.22 PM.png

Last edited: