OAK clearance to exhaust

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Use this and you don't have to worry about clearance
they can be right beside each other if horizontal exhaust termination
OAK should be turned down and closer to the wall. But the manufacturer
recommends the exhaust have some vertical rise

Reactions: Washed-Up
Short answer YES

Reactions: Washed-Up
They don't have to be far away especially if the OAK is lower than the exhaust. There are exhaust thimbles that include the OAK cut out (link just happens to be the first one I saw on a search). In the picture you can see the exhaust thimble on the upper left has the OAK built in for my P43. On the lower right, I ran a separate OAK since the installing company didn't install one.

1713690886207.png

Reactions: usefulidi0t
OK SO i was planning on doing my venting like this. Cleanout T inside. Go up 3 feet vertically ( can't do 5 cause soffit hangs too low) and then adjustable 90, and straight shot out wall to horizontal termination. Would that be fine? Despite what it looks like I am doing a
corner install so that's the reason for the adjustable 90 up top.

STOVEDIAGRAM.png

I see no problem with that

• Love
No problem just don't go overboard one or Two is good OK
But if you go whole hog you may reduce the amount of air the
combustion fan can pull which then reduces the number of exhaust
pipes of 45 or 90 to get the proper draft and flame pattern.

If you have to do a couple of 45/90's anyway, you might want to think about angling the pipe a bit so your clean out isn't directly facing the floor. Would make it easier to use it for cleaning. But, that may not work aesthetically for you - just something to think about -

i ended up dry fitting all of my venting and im basically just using what came in the kit minus the tie down bracket that you use to pin the pipe to the exterior of the house. and yeah, it would definitely bother me!

Reactions: bogieb
OK SO i was planning on doing my venting like this. Cleanout T inside. Go up 3 feet vertically ( can't do 5 cause soffit hangs too low) and then adjustable 90, and straight shot out wall to horizontal termination. Would that be fine? Despite what it looks like I am doing a
corner install so that's the reason for the adjustable 90 up top.

View attachment 326916
I have a new PP-70 and nearly the exact installation in a corner using Duravent PelletVent Pro that allows for 1-inch clearance to combustibles. Because there’s a double stud that is only 12 inches from the corner, went up 2 ft from the T clean out, then added two 45 deg elbows, another 12-inch straight section to a 90 deg elbow and out. It’s a total rise of 4 ft. Aside from several maddening issues that had to get warranty replacements from Pelpro for (bad vacuum switch, control board failure), the stove won’t stay lit so can’t do a final inspection. We’re also at 8,000 ft. After troubleshooting with Pelpro and the manual (page 11?), consulted the table and with a t and three elbows, there is likely enough draft to create sufficient draft, especially at our altitude, and need to go a minimum of 11-12 ft vertical rise.. I have a similar eave challenge as you, so the only fix is to remove the 2-foot horizontal through the house and go vertical through the attic and roof. Meaning, I just ordered about $400 of additional venting supplies and I’ll have some extra work on my hands. Ouch. Should’ve consulted manual more closely.
IMG_4791.jpeg

IMG_4794.jpeg

IMG_4798.jpeg

I have a new PP-70 and nearly the exact installation in a corner using Duravent PelletVent Pro that allows for 1-inch clearance to combustibles. Because there’s a double stud that is only 12 inches from the corner, went up 2 ft from the T clean out, then added two 45 deg elbows, another 12-inch straight section to a 90 deg elbow and out. It’s a total rise of 4 ft. Aside from several maddening issues that had to get warranty replacements from Pelpro for (bad vacuum switch, control board failure), the stove won’t stay lit so can’t do a final inspection. We’re also at 8,000 ft. After troubleshooting with Pelpro and the manual (page 11?), consulted the table and with a t and three elbows, there is likely enough draft to create sufficient draft, especially at our altitude, and need to go a minimum of 11-12 ft vertical rise.. I have a similar eave challenge as you, so the only fix is to remove the 2-foot horizontal through the house and go vertical through the attic and roof. Meaning, I just ordered about $400 of additional venting supplies and I’ll have some extra work on my hands. Ouch. Should’ve consulted manual more closely.View attachment 327041

View attachment 327042

View attachment 327043
ouch ouch ouch