ok to use locktite or not?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

f3cbboy

Feeling the Heat
Jan 19, 2009
rockland county, NY
Just replaced the calipers on my front brakes on an 05 f-150. remanufactured calipers. not brand new. Only thng i had to do was to reinstall pads and connect hose with banjo bolt and bolt caliper in place. there are two 12 mm bolts that secure the slide pins. The top one on the drivers side has loosened up twice in the month since i have installed it, See any issue to me using loctite on these bolts? I am uncertain of a torque setting, I just bottom out the bolt and make it tight.
NOTE: I didn't have to touch these bolts to swap the caliper. They dont appear to have loctite on them from the factory.

Slap some removeable loctite on em, can't hurt.

Attachments

• 243_feat.jpg
    243_feat.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 210
Yeah the blue loctite won't hurt. Just beware that if those bolts get hot, the loctite won't hold.

Status
Not open for further replies.