jeanw Posted By jeanw, Aug 4, 2018 at 7:40 PM

1. jeanw

jeanw
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Sep 23, 2008
    Loc:
    ky
    what paperwork we have says use Mortar " under tub. then a plastic sheeting then set tub let dry or set up. new tub install... here.
    videos ike you tubes. and DIY item say USE "thin set mortar" some say Plaster of Paris Some DIY advise say Seal the floor first with s good " floor sealer" 2 coats....Don't want problems later. right now just 3 /4 plywood floor in bathroom Plywood on the wall.
    old sticker on tub from "American Bath says bunch of model numbers. But our sticker HAS NO Model number checked off. Sticker also reads "fiberglass/acrylic" with no model number checked off. or the check mark have faded. Found the original receipt bought back on clearance in yr 1996. but receipt has no model number. YUK>>>>
    The toll free phone number I have penciled in on the xeroxed looking instructions is. 18005623422, now that phone number is one of those "marketing junk numbers
    PS. oh how cn I tell if its acrylic or fiberglass????
    what say YALaL ????? HELP YALL PLEASE......

2. zrock

zrock
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Dec 2, 2017
    Loc:
    bc
    Iv just used spray foam for setting tubs much lighter and insulates the tub a bit so it stays warmer. 20 years ago they did not have spray foam that was worth a crap..

3. jeanw

jeanw
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Sep 23, 2008
    Loc:
    ky
    Thanks but what about the plywood floor underneath? should we seal it? and what brand of foam the kind sold in regular hdwe depts. ?
    Please elaborate y'all. May wanna take it out and try something else if dent work out before the floor material goes down. That too is prob sitting out in the garage If we go with "tile".
    Read about the benefits of soaking in EPS salt etc or magnesium chlorides.occ.

4. jeanw

jeanw
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Sep 23, 2008
    Loc:
    ky
    Also, it doesn't have a heater and can't ask who after 20 year old new WHIRLPOOL tub.

Anyone ever did so successfully and was it worth it.? Be nice to use the outside black hose. LOL Cause in this hot weather the water inside it is so hot
    I seen you tubers heat water that way. Unfortunately Hubby got rid of the older Lifetime water heater .Just cause the "overflow was leaking". The store or mfg gave us a new water heater. I wanted to save the old one for a storage tank. But Hubby said too much stuff.
    TIA guys