Okay since no ocsil fan answers what about valve repair?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

jeanw

Feeling the Heat
Sep 23, 2008
ky
one of my SS spigot valve Ball valve ball is gone....... Idont know if it was even there ...Preiously before I noticed the one handle one spout was loose. Course its useless for watering garden plants with a five gallon FG bucket. Duh.. I wish I could find the missing ball and seat. Im going to ask the supplier to replace spout since I bought sev of them
Also Can I unstick a "stuck" garden hose Y water shut off? It an older one and has nice BRASS shut off handles. Most of the newer ones have plastic handles and have broken off. Rah... Yeah I know the sun does a lot of damage But I got to leave them on during Gardening season. But remove and store when garden is dormant
ideal would be Mohave my water barrel "covered by a "shelter all but the downspout
Thanks all

I do not quite understand your question--my bad--for I do not even know what a valve is? I will look it up but in the meanwhile you hit upon something that is important for me and that's my garden hose that I just bought--the hose is fine but its the spray connector that I got at the same and it leaks all over--no matter how many of those black washers I try to place in it to stop the leaking to no avail--so I wasted a lot of money for I got three different types just to have--important for me and they all are so cheaply made even the brass looking ones leak and the only one I have is a very small silver one that is about 1--2 inches in length and its working pretty good but those other sprayers are just terrible and I will return all three back to the store. .The old ones were just great and I sure do miss the workmanship on these..I just got one of those new hoses that is suppose to coil back up small again and it has one of those small sprayers on the end of it so we will see if that's going to work properly and I have not used it yet but I am sure not confident but we will see...clancey

Reactions: Highbeam
Thank you and i will buy a few of those and today I will take my three others back to the store for I saved the receipt..The workmanship now a days is not like it used to be as well as the materials..and buy the way that nozzle is just the one I want---yes...thanks clancey

Omg! I’m dying. I guess there is a wise cracker
whats that mean? are you giving advice? or just wise cracking. ? I apologize if I misinterpreted. Looking for real answers here. Thanks all We are all here to help each other. Blessings to all

whats that mean? are you giving advice? or just wise cracking. ? I apologize if I misinterpreted. Looking for real answers here. Thanks all We are all here to help each other. Blessings to all

i don’t know, I didn’t write that.

Oh oh, someone else on the computer?

No, the second half of her/his quote. It’s far too easy to fake a quote with this software.

The first sentence was me only. I was LOLing, and I rarely do that. The Clancy response was genius.

No, the second half of her/his quote. It’s far too easy to fake a quote with this software.

The first sentence was me only. I was LOLing, and I rarely do that. The Clancy response was genius.
I saw this and wondered what it was in reference to. All I saw was the OMG! I'm dying. Maybe Jean added it to the quote by accident? That happens frequently.

Johneh: Took my other three grass sprayers back and got the nozzle that you suggested and it works great..thanks..I bought three sets of them..clancey

Attachments

• nozzle for water 001.JPG
    nozzle for water 001.JPG
    102.3 KB · Views: 76