Old buck stove help please

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Free_Dude

Oct 7, 2016
Ogden Utah
I have an old buck 2600 I believe but anyway I replaced the fan blade and motor this fall all new seals everywhere everything but the thermostats I think l the thermostat has gone out its stuck on high all the time but my biggest problem is that now the fan is making an awful grinding noise like metal on metal scrapping this all started this morning it was stuck on high for about 45 min even when the fire died down the the fan noise started just after its unplugged now but am I going to have to pull the fan what could have caused it to start making this awful noise do I need to replace it? Again? It's ran on high before with no problems I know I need a thermostat but I'd really like to run the blower till the new thermostat gets here it's my only heat source help please

Check fan blade to make sure it's not hitting anything. Also make sure it is not spinning loose on the motor shaft due to a loose set screw. If the thermostatic disk is original it probably should be replaced too.

Yeah I'm sure the thermostat is original it's the only thing I didn't replace so I'm sure it does need replaced? What could cause the fan to start hitting something now? I'm hoping it's just a loose set screw won't be able to look till tonight gonna have to let it cool detach the liner and pull it out if the fireplace to get to it so it's gonna suck not excited about it

I am just guessing as to possible causes. Agreed it sucks to have to pull the insert to check the blower.

Status
Not open for further replies.