Old (but not "Olde") style storm door?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pybyr

Minister of Fire
Jun 3, 2008
Adamant, VT 05640
For background, my house is an approximately 1840 VT 'vernacular' Greek Revival 1.75 story house- very elegant proportions, mostly very simple trim.

Last spring I had a dumpster on site for something else and looked at the decrepit-beyond-redemption storm door on the house's "formal front door" (rarely used) and decided to heave it before it disintegrated completely into a pile of glass shards and dry rot, which it was bound to do very soon.

Time and projects doing what they do so well... it's now December and I should get a storm door...

Budget is a concern. Something that doesn't look like a bad afterthought/ clash with the house is a concern. Energy/ comfort is a concern. Minimal future maintenance is preferred but can take back seat to the prior factors.

Appreciate suggestions on makes/ models/ places to buy

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.