Old St Croix pellet stove control board/high limit switch?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

frei7547

Mar 31, 2018
Fr92917
Hello I'm new to posting, but can't seem to figure out what my next steps in troubleshooting my pellet stove are. I've got a St Croix Prescott EXL model that must be old as it's got the dial knobs for 1-6 auger settings. It is heating a greenhouse and has worked great for a couple years, but this spring after all cleaned out only ran for a couple nights then had trouble having the auger some on automatically. I can manually feed and for a couple of nights I did that for about 15 minutes until the auto feeding came on, ran fine all night. However, now I can't get the auger to auto feed even if I prop the manual feed button on for a couple hours, also the fan knob doesn't work. I can't seem to find any manual reset for a high limit switch, I jumped the vacuum lines to bypass which also didn't help. Thinking that the control board is faulty but have heard of timer block problems also and not sure if this model has it. Also having trouble finding any schematics or control boards that seem to match this older model. Any help is much appreciated as all the service people in my area don't work on St Croix. Thanks

You may need to get the upgrade control board along with the wire harness to replace the control board. I have replaced a few, it does not take very long to do.

Would this upgrade be with the newer prescott EXL control board that has LED lights or is it something that is specific for upgrading. Any pointers on best sources and cost of this upgrade?

Thanks

It is the LED light upgrade, You cant get with a dealer, OR save some money by doing the research and find a distributer on St. Croix parts. Mountain View Hearth.com has the package you need. Cheaper that a dealer.