Omnibus Spending (AKA the Pandemic Bill) has big Wind and Solar subsidies

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

peakbagger

Minister of Fire
Jul 11, 2008
Northern NH
In every "must pass" compromise bill are a lot of "easter eggs" and apparently the pandemic bill that passed has big wind and solar subsidies. I have not seen any details but wonder if small scale gets any love or does it just go to big commercial projects?

Reactions: SpaceBus
It's a veritable Christmas package, over 5000 pages long. There is pork for everyone including a huge chunk for the military.

Laws are Like Sausages. Better Not to See Them Being Made ;)

If we ever want to get past the 'Rona, then we will need to help other less economically successful nations so they don't give it to us later, like tuberculosis.

I suggest that the title of this thread is misleading; there is no pandemic bill. It is an omnibus spending bill that includes pandemic relief items.
That means this bill funds most discretionary spending of the government. Hence yes, that includes spending on renewable energy policy as in the title of this thread, as well as aid to other countries.
Because that is what America does; innovate and aid.

Reactions: SpaceBus
I suggest that the title of this thread is misleading; there is no pandemic bill. It is an omnibus spending bill that includes pandemic relief items.
That means this bill funds most discretionary spending of the government. Hence yes, that includes spending on renewable energy policy as in the title of this thread, as well as aid to other countries.
Because that is what America does; innovate and aid.
I agree with you and have changed the title to reflect your correction.

Oh no,... the money is quite real, and so is the fact that we'll be paying the interest for a long time (and our kids will be paying even longer).

Nah, they’ll just print more.

The Omnibus bill includes the country's budget. There are 12 separate bills in this mutha. The Covid-19 relief bill that was passed the same day is separate and does not include any foreign giveaways.

"Overall, the COVID-19 relief bill totals more than $900 billion. Americans who meet specific income criteria are expected to get $600. The relief bill includes about $166 billion for the stimulus checks, according to a breakdown from the Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget:

Here’s the group’s breakdown of what else is in the bill:

• $325 billion in aid to small businesses (includes Paycheck Protection Program)

• $120 billion for unemployment assistance ($300 a week for 11 weeks)

• $82 billion for education (such as K-12 education grants)

• $56 billion for health care (includes funding for states to do COVID-19 testing)"

Last edited:
Reactions: semipro