On Ebay from the too good to be true dept: Honda EU6500: $1500 (delivered)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sandpipe

Burning Hunk
Feb 24, 2010
Massachusetts
Auction pulled by ebay, just as expected.

"do not bid until you contact me".......what's up with that?

Becoming more common. A way for scammers to get around ebays protection. Do not bid on these! They want you to contact them to wire a "deposit" before bidding or some other way of scamming money outside ebay/paypal.

Also beware when email addresses are posted in the open and/or text comments such as "Contact me" are posted in an image as opposed to highlightable text.

Being an image makes it much harder for ebay to catch and police these auctions as opposed to actual text that their scanners can easily recognize.

These scammers use these same technique on craigslist. When I was looking for a Kubota tractor I saw many similar types of phony image ads there. They like to pick a top quality item and post their ad with a ridiculously low price.

Status
Not open for further replies.