On/Off Switch Blinking - Igniter Not Working?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Flash5

Jan 18, 2018
Pennsylvania
Hello everyone. Just recently bought my first house and it has a pellet stove in it as its main heat source. The stove is a Kozy Heat Woodland Model WLD-P. For the last month it has been working like a champ! When I first got the house I completely cleaned the stove out (including the exhaust piping). Since then I have been cleaning it out regularly and feeding it top quality pellets too.

Last night I started to hear a somewhat metal clanging noise (the fan?) that comes on from time to time when I have the stove running. Usually it goes away after a minute or two but last night it kept going. I went ahead and shut the stove off with the intent of firing it back up right after it cooled. While it was down, I vacuumed the inside and cleaned the glass as well.

I turned it on and it appeared to be running fine - the auger kicked on and started dropping pellets and the fan started as well. But the On/Off switch started to blink a few seconds after I started it. I waited a bit longer to see what would happen. Then I realized pellets were not igniting and saw the igniter was not turning on (it was not turning orange as I normally would see it getting hot). After a few more minutes the fan keeps going but the auger turns off, with still no ignition.

I tried troubleshooting it on my end (the maintenance manual does not describe what a blinking on/off switch could be) and have not had any luck. My house is down to 48 degrees this morning. Any help anyone can provide to help fix it would be much appreciated!

Unplug the stove tap a couple buttons on the control pad. Plug back in. Clean out your burn pot and the hole the igniter uses. Reinstall everything and hit start. Let us know how you make out

Unplug the stove tap a couple buttons on the control pad. Plug back in. Clean out your burn pot and the hole the igniter uses. Reinstall everything and hit start. Let us know how you make out

I gave it a shot as you stated, got the same result, thanks for the suggestion though.

I did not realize I could manually fire the stove up (seems too easy in retrospect). I went ahead and was able to get the fire going and she is working again. At this point it must be the igniter right? I would assume so since everything else is running good at this point.