One Bag of Pellets Left

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

UpStateNY

Feeling the Heat
May 4, 2008
Catskill Mountains
I got one bag left. Where did all my pellets go?
Do I burn the last bag or save it?
Burn or save that is the question. Decisions decisions
Propane boiler tonight. Tomorrow morning burn what is left in the stove.
On bag left after that. .

I have two bags left. Use them and get a few more?

I've been on oil since the weekend and left about 1/2 a hopper worth in the stove for start up next fall. Yep, done for this season, no pellets to be had here, they all let inventory run out during March. That's fine I know this is how it goes around here and often shut down the first or second week in April. We don't use a whole lot of oil this time of year anyway.

Reactions: jackhammer
I have 1 bag left and 3 bags on the right !
I'll burn the works and get more if I have to.

1 lonely bag left on my pallet. I have been holding it in reserve in case any bitter temps head our way - so far so good (I only burn part-time). I don't have the option of running out and buying more as our local suppliers stop carrying pellets in March. I feel bad for the full-time burners who run short. Next year I will restock if needed in February.

I have seven bags left. The weather has been warm and wet, I haven't run the stove for a couple of weeks.

I have burned almost three tons this year, which is anout how much I've burned for the last few years. A local lumberyard stocks pellets year round, so if i needed more I could go and get them.

About 1/4 the way into the 4th ton. 3 1/2 tons has been my max so far. Still got one ton left which better remain untouched. Didn't plan on 2 feet of snow in mid April and no end in sight. But it's still early, we have had more Mother's day snowstorms than I can keep track of.

I got one bag left. Where did all my pellets go?
Do I burn the last bag or save it?
Burn or save that is the question. Decisions decisions
Propane boiler tonight. Tomorrow morning burn what is left in the stove.
On bag left after that. .

Tough times, hard choices. I would save it just so I had one bag to look at...

I thought I was going to have 1 ton left over for next winter - that was 2 weeks ago before this cool spell. Down to 35 bags left. I can easily see burning another 15-20 bags into May. Especially with the temps going down into the 30s and 40s at night. Still cheaper than doing the electric baseboard heaters.

Wow. I'm envious. I'm sitting on two tons and five bags. Had done all my planning on number of bags to get me through the winter as in years past. Did not plan on cancer that laid me up for over two months. Can't lift the bags. No worries though as my pellets are all in the garage safe, sound and dry. Only problem is that they will suffer from what I call the "flat surface syndrome." That is, any flat surface where I can store, lay and stack stuff. Oh well, don't have to worry about it for seven months.

Wow. I'm envious. I'm sitting on two tons and five bags. Had done all my planning on number of bags to get me through the winter as in years past. Did not plan on cancer that laid me up for over two months. Can't lift the bags. No worries though as my pellets are all in the garage safe, sound and dry. Only problem is that they will suffer from what I call the "flat surface syndrome." That is, any flat surface where I can store, lay and stack stuff. Oh well, don't have to worry about it for seven months.

Sounds like you are getting better, Big John. All the best. The pellets can wait.

Bought 16 more bags and I have 8 of them left. If I'm luck I might make it to the 1st of May. I'll decide next week if I want to buy more or not.

Well John it sounds like you have a bigger priority than pellets for this season. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Reactions: tlc1976
Burned through my initial 4 tons. Picked up 10 more bags and burned through them too. Scrounged up 15 more at a Tractor Supply 20 miles away. After that I'm done. No more supply around here unless I want to order tonnage for next year and dip into that. It's got to get warm out eventually...

No end of season sales or inventory reduction ever here, but the plus is you can buy them year round. Which I do. I've taken advantage of sales for end of summer, and Black Friday.

Well John it sounds like you have a bigger priority than pellets for this season. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Thanks, AH. Yeah kind of puts things in perspective. I'm looking forward to a bright future after 4 long months.