opinions on ryobi splitter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mattg1970

Apr 14, 2007
I am looking for info on the ryobi electric splitter. How do the work for lite use 2-4 cords a year? Any info would be great

I have one- it is just what I need, and it's performance is just what I expected.. it is not the biggest, baddest splitter out there by far, but it saves me a lot of effort in swinging the maul-

Anything over 16" round I split by hand with an 8 lb maul, 4 lb Splitting axe or the wood grenade from TSC- then it goes to the splitter, where i work it down to burnable splits-
I wish it came with a foot pedal option, so that I didn't have to keep putting the beer down..

Depending where you live Grossman's bargin outlet is selling a 6 ton iron horse splitter for 50$ less than the ryobi

that's 50 % more power and one will notice the difference I have used them both..

It is my oppinion the Ryobi is the best 4ton splitter avaliable note 4 ton

n/t

Hey Elk:

Any chance of you picking one up and sending it to me??. Do they ship UPS or other method?. I have had it with trying to get the Northern Tool splitter here in one piece.

Status
Not open for further replies.