Optimal pellet feed rate for Ravelli

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Manly

Minister of Fire
Aug 8, 2017
CT
In to my second season burning with a Ravelli Francesca, I am still trying to determine the best pellet feed rate to optimize heat and efficiency. User manuals say there should be a minimal amount of unburnt pellets in the combustion pot when working. Using good grade softwood pellets, I run with the pellet feed set to -1 and the air set to 1. At -1 feed I get a good flame while maintaining mostly red glowing pellets in the burn pot. If I bring the feed rate up to 0, I get more pellets in the pot with more visible unburnt pellets present at any give time. Since this stove is relatively small, I am trying to maximize the heat output of the unit. Increasing the working power adjustment works well and seems to keep the pellet/burn ration pretty consistent at any give power level. I am curious as to what pellet feed and combustion air levels other Ravelli users are set at and what kind of pellets you use to maximize heat output. Thanks for input, Manly.

My pellet feed is -5 or all the way down and combustion blower is 0 . I'm burning all different pellets sometimes changing daily. I leave my stove set like that and just feed it more when needed.