Ordering Quadrafire parts

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

smalltown

Minister of Fire
Oct 1, 2008
Western Maine
Just curious about Quadrafire parts. I want to keep my local dealer afloat as much as I can. So after I purchased my Castile and had them install it I returned to buy a stove vacuum. I am sure I could have purchased it a little cheaper, but again I wanted to patronise my dealer. Two weeks ago I visited the dealer to purchase an exhaust blower gasket so I could do my final cleaning by removing the exhaust blower. I was told much to my surprise that they would need to order the part. I had hoped that this gasket because it fits multiple Quad pellet stoves it would have been on hand. It's been two weeks and still no gasket. Is this a dealer issue or is Quad very slow sending parts out to their dealers?

Its a dealer thing. Who wants to sit on inventory during the summer (or anytime). You know yo may be able to salvage the gasket if the stove is newer? Give it try. The other gasket will come in before burning season. I'll tell you that it is a good idea to keep an extra vital part or two around if you are going to depend on this thing for heat during the winter...you have a great machine, but nobody's stove stops working in the summer...know what I mean?

The dealer may not stock parts if they are small. Quad may have been shut down over the 4th of July holiday for a week like some manufacturers. Be glad your doing this in the summer when there shouldnt be a hurry. In a perfect situation without unforseen delays a dealer should be able to order a part and have it within a week.

What I would do is call the dealer and ask them to track where the part is. Maybe also look at some common part on your stove that can go wrong mid season, like ignitors, etc and buy one of each for yourself.

very common lytherm gasket, but selling small parts is a pita for most dealers...

and yes, quad can be slower to ship product than other makers from time to time.

at this point i have templates for all the quad gaskets, and we can cut our own if we run out from raw lytherm

Well I finally received my gasket for the combustion blower so I can do my cleaning. It was raining today so I tore into it!
Since it was my first time, and I didn't want to remove the piping from the rear of the stove I went very slowly disconnecting the OAK and the vacuum tube to be blown out before reassembly. The convection blower and combustion motor are now separated from the stove for cleaning. Glad I have the replacement combustion gasket in hand as the old one tore easily as I removed the motor.

Doesn't look to bad, but there was a good buildup of flyash on the rear side of the combustion blower fins between the motor and the fins. The Castile combustion blower fins can be seen and cleaned from the inside of the fire box, but unless you pull the blower out you cannot see this rear buildup. So I am glad I removed it.

My Castile has a clean-out "T" on the rear then vertical about 5' then a 90 and then out the side of my home.

Having already cleaned my stove pipe from the outside of the house back to my clean-out "T", and finding the most flyash on the 12" horizontal section going outside, I now want to clean the section from the combustion blower area backwards 12" horizontially to the same clean-out "T'"coming from the stove. I was hoping to push any buildup into the "T" where I could remove it.
I tried using a bottle brush, and it fits into the opening, but it is not long enough to reach upward then turn about 45 deg, and backwards about 12" to the "T". I tried the 2" brush that came with the "Lint Eater" and I will not make the turn.
I am hoping there is/are member(s) that have cleaned this part of a Castile and can tell me how to do this final leg.

Included is a picture of a combustion motor assembly and you can see at the upper right corner the rectangular opening for the exhaust.
Another picture from the owners manual on how the combustion blower assy. mates with the 45 deg piping to exit the stove where it connects to my clean-out "T".

Attachments

• exhaust motor Castile.jpg
    exhaust motor Castile.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 336
  • Rear castile exhaust parts.jpg
    Rear castile exhaust parts.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 323
Status
Not open for further replies.