Orlan EKO 40 blower fan replacement or repair

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

damon_sisk

Sep 27, 2009
Southern Indiana
I just replaced the bearings in the blower fan for my Orlan EKO 40. I highly recommend replacing the bearings rather than trying to secure a new fan. It only took ~30 minutes and cost ~$10 rather than ~$150 for a replacement fan (if you can find one.)
See the video titled '#6 Ebm-Papst Fan/Motor (AC) - New bearings' on YouTube for a guide on how to replace the bearings on a very similar blower, made by the same manufacturer as on the Orlan EKO 40 (at least the one on my boiler).
I did not use the exact bearings recommended in the video. The bearing size is ubiquitous so I bought mine from Amazon. I do not recommend buying bearings labeled as 'skateboard' bearings because they apparently have looser tolerances and will not last as long. But the standard bearing used is a 608 bearing. That means it is nominally 22mm OD x 8mm ID x 7mm thick. You should choose a bearing that is sealed on both faces, so the designation is usually 608ZZ (each 'Z' indicates a seal on one face.)
The particular bearings I bought came with 10 (you only need 2 for the blower) and was at: Amazon product ASIN B07JJ1SKL4 but currently show as unavailable. You should be able to easily find others.