Osburn 2000 - Log Length?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

emsflyer84

Sep 12, 2011
Central NH
Hey all, just curious your thoughts on this, I have a new-last-year Osburn 200 wood insert that serviced me very well all winter. This year I'm able to plan ahead a bit more and get some seasoned wood that is cut to length. I basically had to load my stove all winter in a E-W fashion because of the log length I had and the relatively shallow firebox. I can put up to 20" long logs in that way. In your options, better to continue with 18" length and go E-W, or cut very short at 15"-16" and load N-S? The box is only 16 1/2" deep. Just looking for some input before I have the wood cut. Thanks.

N/S loading will allow the firebox to be filled to capacity without the anxiety of a log rolling against the glass.