Osburn 3500 or Drolet HT3000?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Well I ended up going with the HT3000, we will soon find out if it will withstand the test of time.

I ended up going with the Osburn 3500. Mine is an insert.

Have you installed yours yet? Let us know how it's going so far. I will be finishing my install when the weather breaks, as I still need to go on the roof and install my liner and that is not happening with a snow covered 45° tilt roof. Maybe we can compare experiences after using each stove for a while.

My research in these showed both stove tops being identicle, even for the newer models, and all models of each, at 5/16” steel stoves tops. Just looked at each website and confirmed it...at least comparing each brands largest models...both have 5/16” steel tops.