Osburn price increases

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

marty319

Minister of Fire
Nov 17, 2014
Belair mb
Osburn 3300 went up 300 around April.now today on their website looks like it's gone up another 500.retails for 3499 cad now.glad I bought mine in June. That's a huge increase.800 in a matter of a few months. Wonder if all the other brands increased this much?

Likely going to see it across the board, steel pricing is getting out of hand right now, assuming you can get it at all.

We are typically used to paying $0.70-$0.85/lb for steel, the order I got in at work this morning was $1.20/lb. I've also got purchasing power that a lot of smaller shops don't have, I can see where a 500lb stove would have an additional charge of $500 just in steel

Welding consumables (rod, wire, etc)are along the same lines, everytime we turn around I'm getting price increases from our suppliers. Consumables for our plasma table/rotary pipe cutter are in short supply too, 1.5 months to get the last batch, drop shipped straight from the hypertherm factory.

Reply from sbi

Thanks for reaching out to us today regarding our Osburn 3300. We can't hide anything from you as far as I can see... Unfortunately, the price of steel has reached unprecedented heights and we have had to deal with the increase in materials. Also, as our production capacity is complete for the current year and all our units are already sold, the prices displayed are now those of 2022.

I hope I had better news for you. I still hope we can count you among our hundreds of thousands of satisfied Osburn customers.
We remain available if you have any additional question.

Reactions: Sailrmike
The place I got my Stratford II from just told me they are backordered until June for them... Glad I ordered it when I did and have it framed in.