Outside air question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

jmb6420

Burning Hunk
Jun 25, 2019
NE Oklahoma
I will be moving into this house shortly. The location of the Wood burner is where the green dots are. It's too far to any source of outside air for an outside air kit. There is a 10 ft wide porch on both the front and rear of the house and the entire house and porches are slab. No crawlspace. Stove is Lopi Endeavor. Should I just try it as is or maybe think about 'passive air'?
550ec4cf38da17943f7d75580bcc19ed.jpg

Lopi Endeavor
Lopi Republic
Northern tool 37t splitter

I will be moving into this house shortly. The location of the Wood burner is where the green dots are. It's too far to any source of outside air for an outside air kit. There is a 10 ft wide porch on both the front and rear of the house and the entire house and porches are slab. No crawlspace. Stove is Lopi Endeavor. Should I just try it as is or maybe think about 'passive air'?

Lopi Endeavor
Lopi Republic
Just try it in most cases stoves work fine without an oak

Reactions: jmb6420
That was my primary plan but needed confirmation. Even crack a window of necessary. I've done searches on OAK, but seems to have no consensus on it or passive air.

Lopi Endeavor
Lopi Republic

Lopi Endeavor
Lopi Republic
How old is the house? If it's older there is a good chance it breathes enough that you won't need it.

How old is the house? If it's older there is a good chance it breathes enough that you won't need it.
It's a new house. Being finished over the next few months. Long story short, a contractor started it, then bailed. I got it with slab already poured. Hopefully it'll be fairly tight, hence the cracking the window or passive air question.

Lopi Endeavor
Lopi Republic