P24 not automaticly feeding

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

nhyrum

Dec 6, 2016
loc
I've been fighting this... So kind and gentle... Stove now for a few years. Just when I think I got it all straightened out... The blasted thing won't feed on it's own. The board has a little green led that comes on whenever the feed motor is supposed to be running, and that led comes on and off, and yes, I have pushed the auger feed button, and that led is on. I can push the manual feed button, and the motor does work and feed. It worked fine before, until an Allen wrench got into the hopper, jammed up the auger, and broke the two spot welds that held the auger to it's shaft. Got that fixed, and all back together, and the only thing I touched, electrical wise, was the auger motor and it's two connectors, which both still function, and the control board is still able to tell the motor to turn on. My only thought is that something between the light and whatever actually tells the motor to kick on is bad. And the control boards for these dumb things are stupid expensive for as simple as they are.

Ok... Check the simple things first. The fuse on the board was bad... So far, everything is running good

Ok... Check the simple things first. The fuse on the board was bad... So far, everything is running good

Hey, so I'm having a similar problem with an older pellet stove I inherited when we bought our house. I'm pretty sure it's a Breckwell P23, but I'm not 100 percent positive. Thing works fine, except now when I press the auger button the green indication light won't light at all, and I can't get the automatic auger to go. When I hit the manual feed button, it feeds fine - no clogs, no problems. Seems like everything is fine. The thing stopped working towards the end of last winter and we just ended up using electric heat the rest of the year, but I wanted to tackle this now before it gets too freezing here in NYS. Did changing the small glass fuse there on the circuit board fix your problem?

Thanks in advance...