P38 quit on me

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Stevefitz

Oct 6, 2020
Pa
Hey guys, so I've been lurking the site for years now and finally joined to make a post.
I have an older p38 that was working great. I unplugged it, cleaned it out plugged it back and started up(had a red power light). Then it quit completely, no power light, no noises, fuse it good, I have power to the stove.
I've read it could be anything from the board to the esp, but before I throw parts at it, I would like to troubleshoot it to the best of my ability. I just dont know where to start on this stove. The board is getting power as the fuse has power.
Thanks in advance for the help.

The outlets are fine.

Last edited:
Plug it directly into a known good outlet. When checking a fuse, unplug the unit, pull the fuse and check it with a meter...