P38 Stove not tunning 2 months old

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

djbutch

Jul 21, 2009
New Hampshire
Hello just a little advice please. I purchased a P38 pellett stove 2 months ago was running fin this stove is brand new. I wanted to heat the house quickly so I turned it to TURBO then smoke started to come out of vent pipe shut the stove down cleared all the smoke out of my home and now the stove will do nothing nothing at all. I have power to the stove tried test mode nothing tried unplugging it waiting a while plugging it in again still nothing. I CALLED THE PLACE WHERE I BOUGHT IT . They told me it would be 7DAYS before they come out to check it and there will be a SERVICE CHARGE PARTS UND WARRENTRY ARE FREE. It is still not working any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.......

djbutch said:
Hello just a little advice please. I purchased a P38 pellett stove 2 months ago was running fin this stove is brand new. I wanted to heat the house quickly so I turned it to TURBO then smoke started to come out of vent pipe shut the stove down cleared all the smoke out of my home and now the stove will do nothing nothing at all. I have power to the stove tried test mode nothing tried unplugging it waiting a while plugging it in again still nothing. I CALLED THE PLACE WHERE I BOUGHT IT . They told me it would be 7DAYS before they come out to check it and there will be a SERVICE CHARGE PARTS UND WARRENTRY ARE FREE. It is still not working any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.......

You are kinda stuck having to wait since anything you try to do to fix it might cause your (seemingly) lousy dealer to void the warranty. I call him lousy because he`s making you wait so long , yet he wasted no time telling you you aren`t about to get a free service call. I bet he was a lot nicer and more accomodating prior to the sale.
Regardless, I suppose you could clean/ vacuum the burnpot and check for buildup around the electric igniter (if so equipped). Also check to see there is power at the outlet. If you know how to clean and check the exhaust vent you should do that too and check it for obstructions.

If he fails to give you any satisfaction you could come back with more info about who did the install and whether or not you are handy and mechanically inclined.

Does the P38 have a lights that indicate there is power to the stove, and also lights up when the feeder motor is working, distribution motor working etc.? I'm just wondering if you blew a fuse. Was this the first time you used the Turbo mode? Like Gio says, clean the heck out of the stove first, then if you are handy, Gio and others will probably suggest testing some motors individually. Your dealer sounds like an idiot. The last thing you want is for him to go to your house and tell you it's your fault because the stove is dirty. I had a problem with my P68 when I first purchased it, and the dealer had some trouble figuring it out. I was never charged for any service calls.

the P38 has no ignitor, nor does it have lights to show whats getting power. there are only two controls....blower speed, which only runs the distribution fan, and feed adjustment, which controls the amount of heat.

You stated that smoke came into the house out of the vent? Where did the smoke emanate from? If from the exhaust, that would indicate a plugged vent to me......NOT a warranteeable issue...a cleaning issue. Are all the doors closed on the stove (hopper, door to burnpot, ash door)? Is smoke coming out around the doors? I guess my question would be WHERE exactly do you see the smoke coming from? It would indicate a leaky pipe and/or connection, OR plugged exhaust. Also, like NEWF said, also check the 6amp fuse on the circuitboard.

djbutch said:

Thanks.......

.......hi bjbutch......and a hearty welcome... :) ... found this link which might give you some helpful ideas even thought it is an older model p38.... hope it helps some.... cc :) http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/firepl/msg1218022430288.html

Status
Not open for further replies.