p43 distribution blower question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

D-mac02

Dec 21, 2013
New York
Hey everyone I have a little over a year old p43 and it was and is running great but I noticed that the distribution blower works good on low and you can hear the go up when you put it to medium but anything above medium it doesn't change. Any ideas on what it could be? Just started doing this probably this week.

Interesting. Mine's going on year 6 & never had an issue. Hopefully someone else will chime in...

Anything above half way on those always seems the same to me on all the Harman units with that same blower. The blower is connected to the ESP, so it might just be temp related.

Anything above half way on those always seems the same to me on all the Harman units with that same blower. The blower is connected to the ESP, so it might just be temp related.
OK Delta-t I did not know that the distribution blower was connected to the esp.

Hey everyone I have a little over a year old p43 and it was and is running great but I noticed that the distribution blower works good on low and you can hear the go up when you put it to medium but anything above medium it doesn't change. Any ideas on what it could be? Just started doing this probably this week.

Hello, I have a P38+ with the older style board. I am not familiar with the board on the P43. A friend of mine at work has a P38+ about the same age as mine 6 years and he had that problem about 2 years ago and he went through everything, replaced the ESP and it did not help. Then after more research he found a seller on ebay that sold the potentiometers for the P38 board. He ordered them (2) and I replaced them for him. One was for the distribution blower and the other was for the feed. The person selling them on Ebay said that over time they can develop dead spots. I believe that they are 50K potentiometers. I hope this helps.

Replaced a couple on a older pc45 when it started up on its own when was off. Ebay has them, 3 for $9

Status
Not open for further replies.