bnther44 Posted By bnther44, Feb 10, 2019 at 10:54 AM

1. bnther44

bnther44
    Member 2.
    NULL

Dec 17, 2014
    Loc:
    Kalamazoo
    I've got a Harman P43 and it is my main heat source. The stove is just over 3 years old and my temp. knob has quit working. The stove runs, but it will not turn up or down. The blower knob works fine, just no way to adjust the flame. I only operate the stove in manual mode.

Has anyone else had this problem?

2. bob bare

bob bare
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Oct 31, 2013
    Loc:
    park county montana
    Does the knob refuse to turn?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. bnther44

bnther44
    Member 2.
    NULL

Dec 17, 2014
    Loc:
    Kalamazoo
    Thanks for the response.

The knob turns, but doesn't do anything. The fire stays at what looks to be simmer (50 on the dial) regardless of how high I crank it up.

4. bas157

bas157
    Member 2.
    NULL

Oct 1, 2012
    Loc:
    Near Limerick, PA
    I don't have an answer for you but sometimes mine won't turn off so may have the same root cause as yours. On mine, I turn the knob to off and it just keeps feeding pellets. I open the hopper lid, let it burn down then it won't feed anymore once it burned down enough.
    Same general issue of a know not working all the time. Hoping someone has some solutions for you that might work for me too!

5. Bill Pitman

Bill Pitman
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Mar 17, 2018
    Loc:
    Milford, Pa.
    Does the auger feed pellet
    Did it just start doing this?
    Does the auger feed pellets?
    Is the combustion blower working?

With feed adjustment knob turned to " test" position- do the blowers & auger work?

Could be vacuum switch is bad. The vacuum switch is normally closed, allowing the stove to function correctly. That is why the auger stops if you open the door to clean ashes from burnpot.
    The vacuum switch will open at -.17" of wc.

Could also be a bad esp probe, located in the exhaust. This should be kept clean, as it is the main most important input to the control board.

Keep us posted,

Bill Pitman

6. bob bare

bob bare
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Oct 31, 2013
    Loc:
    park county montana
    Dirty stove,pile of ash in front of exhaust sensor,restricted flue or intake,bad exhaust sensor,bad potentiometer on control board.Also,may want to try unplugging stove for 5 minutes.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. bnther44

bnther44
    Member 2.
    NULL

Dec 17, 2014
    Loc:
    Kalamazoo
    Yes
    Yes
    Yes

Everything seems normal, except that it doesn't 'turn up'. The temperature knob seems to be irrelevant -- with regards to operation. I'm reluctant to turn it off for fear that it won't turn back on.

8. bnther44

bnther44
    Member 2.
    NULL

Dec 17, 2014
    Loc:
    Kalamazoo
    I'll double check on the ash, but I did a quick clean just recently. The exhaust goes out the side of the house and not into a chimney, so I don't think there's any restriction, but I'll definitely check.

I'll also try unplugging it for 5 minutes...when I see there is a break in the cold.

Thank so much for the replies.

bob bare likes this.
  9. bnther44

bnther44
    Member 2.
    NULL

Dec 17, 2014
    Loc:
    Kalamazoo
    Just a quick update.

I was able to shut the stove down and then unplugged it for 10 minutes. It's been working fine now for over a week.

Don't ask me...cause I don't know 'why?' All I care is that it's working now.

Thanks for all the replies

10. greg13

greg13
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Jan 5, 2012
    Loc:
    CNY
    Any blinking lights on the control board?
    Temperature Sensor wire come unplugged?