P43 No Airflow After Burnpot Replacement

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Kherr

Sep 25, 2012
Nampa, Idaho
Morning folks. Curious issue. Yesterday, I replaced the burnpot and igniter. Prior to this, stove worked fine but there was a big hole in the center of the pot which seems to happen over time. Installed new pot, igniter, gasket, tightened it all down nicely. Fired it up and it just fills up the pot with pellets and never lights. Igniter is working. I lit manually and there is just no air to keep any flame going. Where in the world could the air be going? Anyone have any ideas? Thank you.

Well, is the combustion fan running? If so, put in test mode, go around new pot, with candle or incense, see if the gasket is not sealing. Also, check door,hopper and fines cover gaskets.

I removed the new pot and after inspecting, it’s defective. There is a gap on the bottom between the flange the bolts bolt to, and the rest of the pot. I am assuming this should be welded. New one ordered.

Reactions: Mt Bob
I'd like a picture of that, you can post it here. Also, was it a Harman, or aftermarket?
First time I have done aftermarket. And the last. You can see the light shining through. I think this occurred partly due to that flange warped a little.

6A624E64-B8ED-4FFB-87A1-EEF950A01711.jpeg