P43 what controls the distibution blower output?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

shtrdave

Feeling the Heat
Feb 13, 2012
SW PA
I came home the other day and the stove was running, but the distribution blower doesn't seem to be tuning as fast or providing the same out put. It is quieter than is normally has been.

I have the control turned up the whole way and it is moving air but not like it used to.

Bearings going on the blower? Any noise?

Potentiometer on the dial developed a dead spot? Any changes when you move the dial off the most usual spot?

Reactions: mralias
It also could be an excess of pet hair/dust clogging up the fan I have found this at many customers houses those p-series fascist blowers are like vacuums they suck everything up or like lake girl said it could be a dead spot it might be a quick fix with some contact cleaner or just visual inspection of the blower and vaccuming out

Reactions: bags
Thank you I will check those items, it does seem to slow when I turn the knob to a slower speed. It is about done for the year so I will pull the blower off and give iut a good cleaning. It doesn't make any noise in fact since it is not moving as much air it is quieter

Mine was not throwing air as it should. Get the tumble weeds, hair, and dust cleaned out and you'll be good to go again.