p5105 Aquastat, Aquatemp sensor question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg K.

Nov 24, 2013
Pennsylvania
Does anyone have a picture of the PB105 aquastat sensor? Recently I installed a PB105 and was missing various parts. Its 20 degrees outside and I want to run the PB105 but I don't think I have the aquastat sensor. It appears I have the cable that plugs directly under the hopper that should attach to the sensor in the well, but I don't have a sensor that sits in the well?? Can anyone help me out here? Should there actually be a thermocouple on the end or is it just that cable with the molded heat shrink on the end? I searched the forums but no one else seems to have had this question. Thanks for the help!

In case anyone else is curious about this question, the aquastat sensor does not have a typical thermocouple at the end like the Exhaust probe. The end of the sensor is like a rubber heat shrink piece. That heat shrink piece sits in the bottom of the well.

Status
Not open for further replies.