P61 Distribution fan noise

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

freebird77

Feeling the Heat
Hearth Supporter
Jul 4, 2007
Hallstead Pa.
Have an older P61. Distribution fan, the one in the back, was replaced a couple years ago. The it makes a noise, most of the time, not a bearing noise, or something caught in it noise, kind of like a high pitch hum. If I tweak the fan setting just barley, it stops, momentarily, then back at it again. Its driving me nuts. the old fan never did this. Any ideas? Thanks to all who might offer

All these types of motors hum when not running at full voltage/speed.Usually the more expensive the motor,the less noise.Ever been in a home with cheap ceiling fans running on medium or low?Sometimes the control board can cause the hum to be worse,not often,in my opinion.I have heard people have added a capacitor to quiet them,but have not tried this.

All these types of motors hum when not running at full voltage/speed.Usually the more expensive the motor,the less noise.Ever been in a home with cheap ceiling fans running on medium or low?Sometimes the control board can cause the hum to be worse,not often,in my opinion.I have heard people have added a capacitor to quiet them,but have not tried this.
Thanks. I'm wondering if the guy put in an aftermarket blower, and not oem

Yep capacitors can change with heat,over time.i would like to find the thread where someone added extra capacitor.
Thanks let me know if you do, I cant. Also I said distribution fan, it sounds like its coming from the one in the back, is that distribution or combustion?

Combustion fan is connected to your vent pipe