P61A Blower Issue?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Oct 26, 2018
Maine
We have a P61A. Recently I noticed the blower doesn't seem to want to go into "high" mode. It will blow air, but not at the rate it used to. We have been experiencing some very cold temps up here in the NE. The other morning I came downstairs and noticed the temp in the house was only 62. I turned up the stove to 80 (it's normally set to around 70), but the stove couldn't get the temp past 63 in the house. The pellets are feeding and the fire is burning, but the blower doesn't seem to be blowing hard enough to get the temperature up. I cleaned it less than a week ago. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Hello...
Which blower...draft for the exhaust or the room fan?
Is the fan going at all? Or just convection draft coming out of it?
You may want to keep an eye on it, since this way it keeps all the heat in the exhaust and chamber walls which might lead to an overheat of one or two components like draft fan blade or such...
Here would be a quick pick part: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073SJC7YZ/?tag=hearthamazon-20
First off all...check the air channel from input to output, not that you have a restriction of some kind in there...dust, blanket, cat, wife...you name it
But maybe check the connections first and/or try to spin fan by hand (turned off for your fingers sake) to see if bearings are still good or shot...should spin almost freely...
And also try, if you are ok with electricity, to hook the blower motor to outlet via home made extension cable to see if spins full throttle on normal wall power
If its not the motor, than you might have a defective mainboard, but thats just a guess from me right now
And for some reason...such boards...all brands so far go for serious money...
https://www.ebay.com/itm/HARMAN-Pla...tra-P43-P61A-P68-XXV-1-00-05886-/251636033397