Pacific energy summit LE

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Iowa snow

Feb 2, 2023
Iowa
I have gone through every step and procedure. I have talked to Pacific energy multiple times the dealer many times YouTube Google. I’ve ran out of options. The only thing I have left to try is to put a damper in. I have a pacific energy summit le. it is very under performing cannot even heat my 800 square-foot living room. I feel as if I’m losing most of it up the stack I have a very strong draw will this damper work? Can I get some opinions on which dampers will connect to the top of the stove, I have a double wall Telus scopic pipe above thanks

9010C933-BFA8-40CE-8B96-F79BCEA9DBEA.png

I have gone through every step and procedure. I have talked to Pacific energy multiple times the dealer many times YouTube Google. I’ve ran out of options. The only thing I have left to try is to put a damper in. I have a pacific energy summit le. it is very under performing cannot even heat my 800 square-foot living room. I feel as if I’m losing most of it up the stack I have a very strong draw will this damper work? Can I get some opinions on which dampers will connect to the top of the stove, I have a double wall Telus scopic pipe above thanks

View attachment 310374
That won't fit properly. Trust me, I have one. It does not fit many stove flue collars correctly. It's much too sloppy on the PE flue collar. Same with VC and some other stoves. You would be better off ordering a 6" section of DVL - 6DVL-06, and a basic key damper and fitting it yourself. Regular DVL fits the flue collar properly. In the name of science, I'm going to try this when my 6" section arrives.

That won't fit properly. Trust me, I have one. It does not fit many stove flue collars correctly. It's much too sloppy on the PE flue collar. Same with VC and some other stoves. You would be better off ordering a 6" section of DVL - 6DVL-06, and a basic key damper and fitting it yourself. Regular DVL fits the flue collar properly. In the name of science, I'm going to try this when my 6" section arrives.
Is their one that will work for this stove?

Based on the other thread it looks like there is MetalFab stovepipe on this stove. Is the bottom piece a stove adapter in a 6" section?

Reading back on old threads it's apparent that the stove does not need a damper. It only has a 12' flue and it can be heated to overfire temperatures.

It's not the stove, it's the house. The 2800 sq ft house is losing more heat than one stove can provide. A wood furnace or two stoves would be a better solution. The advantage of two stoves is that each can then heat a separate floor comfortably. In milder weather, one stove may suffice. For one stove to heat the place, it sounds like wall and roof insulation will need to be significantly improved. Thermal curtains or shades on the windows would also help.