Palazzetti Prima vs Ravelli RV100

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Lipi128

Apr 6, 2018
RI
I have the opportunity to buy either of whose stoves from two different parties.

The Palazzetti Prima is $1500 but no warranty and no installation.

The Ravetti RV100 is $2700 but has 1 yr warranty and installation included.

I am pretty handy so installation isn’t a huge deal breaker but saves me a headache.

Looking for opinions on which stove you prefer and which would be the best bang for the buck. Also, which had the most parts
Readily available of something were to go wrong.

Any input would be great!

Thanks!!

I would lean towards the Ravelli, it has the RDS system which maintains a constant combustion draft, automatically adjusting the combustion fan speed to compensate for the increased air-flow restriction as the stove and flue gets dirty. If the restriction gets too much, the stove tells you that it is time to clean the stove and flue. I don't believe that any other stove has this feature today. Parts for Ravelli stoves can be bought from at least 3 dealers: Woodman's Parts Plus, North Forge Heating, and Kingdom Biofuels.