Pampered Wild Animals

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eric Johnson

Mod Emeritus
Nov 18, 2005
Central NYS
This is a beaver lodge in a marsh just south of Raquette Lake, NY, in the Adirondack Park, that appears to have a satellite TV dish connected to it. I took this picture yesterday.

Presumably, the beavers are using it to get access to some of those pay-per-view channels. You know, the ones featuring beavers.

Seriously, I don't know if this is someone's idea of a joke, or if it's some kind of wildlife monitoring transmitter. Pretty weird in any case.

Attachments

• pamperedbeavers.jpg
    pamperedbeavers.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 610
My guess is that its a joke and a pretty good one. Its not pointing at the sky so its not connecting to a sattelite, and even if its land based would need some sort of electrical source to power a transmitter. Now add a small solar panel and you might really get some peoples attention! Pretty funny pic though.

Hate to tell ya this but up north Bell & Starchoice dishes pretty much point to the ground to get our signal. Very very low on the horizon. But Yes they do need power.

Status
Not open for further replies.