Papa Bear With a 2 Piece Top?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Todd67

Minister of Fire
Jun 25, 2012
Northern NY
This one is an oddball to me. The rear plate is one piece, and the front piece & bend are another piece. The draft caps only have 3 fins, and the spring handle is the newer type found on Fisher stoves. The door gasket appears to be too thick for the door. I'm not buying this stove, but I found it interesting.

00J0J_akMp8Bz5zrI_1200x900.jpg

00i0i_fS4RrtUKtBa_1200x900.jpg

00O0O_iu63vZwbfO0_1200x900.jpg

00n0n_lJtNWX1bjsf_1200x900.jpg

00a0a_dKKywrZzXYw_1200x900.jpg

Enumclaw Washington, in case anyone is interested

I've seen a few of those tops as they were transitioning to the one piece top.

Reactions: Todd67
What about those 3 fin draft caps? Ever seen them before?

Yep, most in Washington state. Mama, Baby and Papa below :)

Seattle Wash Mama 3 fin 2.jpg

Baby Bear 3 Fin Cap.jpg
Baby with 3 fin damper.jpg
3 fin dampers Washington State 2.jpg
I missed a strange green one on eBay many years ago when I was buying them up for my collection. I believe it was a lefty Mama in Mass. with 2 fin or 3 fin caps. I thought it was strange on the East Coast. I know I saved a pic of it, must be in an old hard drive here I'm transferring files.

Very cool! I didn't know if they were original Fisher parts or not.

They were Baxter's design.