Patriot DF Pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

JRA

Feeling the Heat
Nov 24, 2014
north shore ma
Has anyone tried the Patriot douglas fir pellets from squier lumber in monson MA? I just picked up two bags to try along with a couple of vermont wood pellets. I am currently burning la crete and blazer df which are great.

update these maybe purcell pellets rebagged? The guy at the store helping me load them said they were identicial. These are a douglas fir mix I believe not 100 percent df. they burn ok after the first bag however they are not as hot as the lacrete or my blazer df. I think they want 349 a ton if I remeber corrctly. I also bought a few bags of vermonts to try, never tried those I heard they were great.

I stopped at Squire last week to pick up some norther warmth and vermont pellets to try seeing they don't have the purcells anymore. Guy told me the patriots are Purcells in a different bag - saved them $40 a ton he said. Might have been $20 a ton they save can't remember. Not sure why they are selling them at $329 a ton when last year the purcells were sold at $279 a ton. Might just run the oil furnace at these prices.