PC45 dip switch settings

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pedro

Aug 12, 2013
Kawartha Lakes Ont
I am installing a PC45 which I believe is a 2006. It only has four dip switches and am wanting to know how to set them for pellets. I did buy the kit with the larger holed combustion ring and end gate.
Thanks

The kit was to have a sheet to explain the setup. Mine has 8 dips. Someone should be along to better help. If not, drop Harman a note.

If'n your looking at the dip switches through the control board face, you can't see all the dip switches. you'd have to remove the CB from the stove (4 press fittings) to get a look-see at all the switches. On that note, you don't need to change any of the switches to run pellets. just set the feed adjuster into the pellet range and you'll be fine.

If'n your looking at the dip switches through the control board face, you can't see all the dip switches. you'd have to remove the CB from the stove (4 press fittings) to get a look-see at all the switches. On that note, you don't need to change any of the switches to run pellets. just set the feed adjuster into the pellet range and you'll be fine.
The kit ups the stove to 50K btus hence the need to change the dips a little. Now that I have digested dinner I remember the recommended settings did not work so went back to original for burning corn blend. Both of our stoves I checked are the same.

Last edited:
Reactions: Delta-T
bonus points awarded to Bioburner! According to paper supplied with combustion cover, you need 1,2,7,8 set to "on", 3,4,5,6 "off". SHeet also says you can bend the piece of the faceplate covering the remainder of the dip switches to gain access. Sounds like a booboo waiting to happen...

Our stoves are set as Delta-T paper states. Hope it works. Avatar stove is a basement dweller and the garage unit is vented straight out the back.

Did not want to start but that was with corn blends probably not get enough of a pile. I am only burning pellets now. No problems with either stove over the seven months of heating season.

Thanks for all the help. I didn't know the rest were hidden I will have to check. I also have to replace the combustion retainer assembly as the stove was rusted up and I tried to remove it and one of the bolts broke off. Not easy to access and an easy out didn't work.
Pete

Thanks for all the help. I didn't know the rest were hidden I will have to check. I also have to replace the combustion retainer assembly as the stove was rusted up and I tried to remove it and one of the bolts broke off. Not easy to access and an easy out didn't work.
Pete

One more thing the esp probe is bent and it is the black wire one. Do I need to replace it with the same or would the red wire probe work? One Harman dealer says red will work but would have to adjust dip switches?

I hope the stove is not yet installed. Get the stove up on a elevated bench and you will save yourself more headaches as you will be able see more.

Use some never seize on bolts etc to keep things from getting stuck again and making future repairs alot easier.

From what I know a red esp will work but one dip switch (4 or 5?) will have to be flipped. I just put in a new board and set the switches as recommended but had to change to a shorter pellet charge at start up. I had so many pellets in the pot the smoke was so thick it lit slow. The new board came with a charge times chart so you know how to set the switches.

By the way, welcome Pedro. Always glad to have another pc45 owner around.

Status
Not open for further replies.