PC45 issues

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

The mechanic

Jan 7, 2024
Ohio
Recently acquired a PC45 that was not working. Original complaint was not feeding pellets. Once I got it home I realized the combustion fan was sooted up and wouldn't spin. I cleaned it and the rest of the stove. I fired the stove up to test and had a nice size flame on startup. After a while the flame died down. I had all the settings on max. I tested the esp and determined it was bad. I received a new esp today. It is a black wire one and it tested 618k ohms new. I installed the esp and ran the stove again. Same thing as before, nice fire when it starts then dies down. I noticed no matter what setting the stove feed rate was on or weather it was in stove temp or room temp it didn't make a difference and also noticed the auger would only run for about 2-3 seconds. I am assuming my control board is bad, unless there is something else I'm missing. Thanks