pellet brand question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

High Altitude

Jul 12, 2008
Colorado
First I want to thank everyone on this website for answering all my questions and all the great information I found while searching.

I finished installing my stove and everything seems to be working fine.

I have a question about pellets.

The local store here has 3 brands.

CNZ
Heartland
Confluence energy which is a local mill in Colorado

I am sure the local home depot and most likely walmart/grocery stores sell pellets but I don't know the brands.

Does anyone have any experience, good or bad, with the 3 brands of pellets mentioned above?

I am planning on getting a bag or two of each and trying them out but if anyone has any experience with them, please let me know.

Thanks

I have used the heartland brand in the past. No issues. If you find a local source in colorado, let me know. I appreciate it.
Peace

This is my first year with a pellet stove and I just bought a couple bags of Hear'ts at our local Home Depot to see how they burn and also our local Costco will be getting in the Confluence Energy pellets ( from the local Colorado Mill in Kremmling) in a few days and I will try them too. I am hoping the Confluence Energy pellets burn well because I would rather buy a local Colorado product, they are cheaper, and because they are using beetle kill trees, there is no tax charged. They are about $4.00 a bag which equates to $200 a pallet, best price I've found around the Colorado Springs area.

cheri said:
and because they are using beetle kill trees

I wonder if the compressed beetles in the pellets will increase the BTU output????? LOL

Seriously, though, a good way to use those damaged trees.

Status
Not open for further replies.