pellet exhaust for the new stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

mpodolski

Aug 5, 2007
So I've had a quadrafire ante fe for a bunch of years but I lucked out and bout a harman XXV for $500...damn thing looks unused. The old exhaust was about a foot off of the ground...but the harman is much lower...how does one go about converting for the difference?

The EASIEST way is to raise your hearthpad.
You can try using an adjustable elbow to make up the difference,
but I've found they leak & don't look very nice with aluminum tape as a sealing method.
The other option is to move the thimble, & that can get messy...

Hello
An EASIER way is to put 2 - 90 Deg pellet vent Pipes together and connect one end to your existing vent pipes, then rotate until the other end is at the proper stove height!! LOL Easy Peasy!

See pic example below of a Harman P68 that replaced a Harman Invincible RS which has a lower exhaust flange.

Attachments

• B8C62FA2-6B94-4208-A8C1-7E584B2305CE.jpeg
    B8C62FA2-6B94-4208-A8C1-7E584B2305CE.jpeg
    107.9 KB · Views: 200
Last edited: