pellet furnace questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tin man

Oct 16, 2015
upstate new york
Hello,
I am new to the site, and I've read quite a few of the old posts regarding pellet furnaces. Nonetheless, I wanted to ask a couple redundant questions.
I am hoping to heat a 2,300 square foot house (20 years old) with a pellet furnace in my basement, plumbing it into the existing ductwork of my oil furnace.

My questions are:
I've heard good things about the St. Croix Revolution and the Caddy Alterna - any preferences based on experience?

Can both of these furnaces be exhausted with a power vent (instead of a chimney)?

Can both of these be plumbed-in to existing ductwork to heat the entire house?

Like everyone, I'm trying to save money and at the same time heat my house above 62 degrees without going broke... Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'm also curious about this forum's views on coal furnaces that plug into existing ductwork..?

Thanks for your time!

Status
Not open for further replies.